Tuesday 10 March 2009

Work blues

Im not sure I like being back in nursing. All these women trying to prove themselves, its crazy. It makes for a instable environment both to work and for the kids. The kids are ok, managable. Like I say its just the staff that make it all so difficult. I feel the difference when on shift with different people. And thats the other thing: shift work is killing me.

Been thinking back to denmark and making it rosey in my mind, but it wasnt I know. I have a better life here, more sunshine, people who care. I just need to find my way out of this job and into one that suits me better.

I do miss Denmark, the danes in general. Yes there were weird bitches like Mia, but in general people were less anxious and more down to earth. People here are a lot less stuffy though.

Still hot here, 32 C today.

My apartment in copenhagen is about to be sold... ridiculously under the asking price, but in this climate what can you do?! At least its sold, and im ready to start over with no ties in dk at all.

The hospital is organising a group sponsored permanent residency. I am not sure what this will mean but sounds very positive, will find out more tomorrow.

I wonder if I will ever be happy. Im not sure everything is totally right right now. Living with Luke feels like having a flatmate right now. We only have a small bed, and he is restless, so hes sleeping in another bedroom. Reminds a bit of my ex husband shortly before we divorced. But hes doing it for me so I can get sleep for my shifts on early starts. Still feels weird though.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dejligt at høre du stadig er i live......og tildels nyder livet i Australien. Giver du en rundtur? :-)

MN

Anonymous said...

Hi Angel,

Jobs come and go, but you only have one life. Do not worry about the job too much as it will stress you out, I know it is easy to say but believe me I have been there and still am. Jobs are never what you want and you have to make the best of what you can get. One day you will get a great job that you are 60% happy with and it will be like having all your Christmases coming at once.

Nice to hear about the apartment, at least it is one thing you don't have to worry about anymore.

I am sure you will be happy one day, depending on your definition of happy I guess. It is nice of Luke to consider you and your sleeping, some people wouldn't worry & would expect you to just accept it, so I thing that is good. Personally if I was him I would spend time trying to work out why he is so restless, surely it cant be having you beside him. Maybe given time he will settle and get better enabling both of you to sleep soundly together. Consideration is lovely when given.

Look forward to some photos soon :D

All the best,

Steve.