Tuesday 22 April 2008

Arrived in Bali

So here I am in Bali! The weather is HOT the people are friendsome, the place I'm staying is LUX the prices are ridiculously cheap.. phew!

Missing Perth like crazy though, and the people in Perth. Just made some great friends there.... Dan who is basically the male version of me (scary..I know ;)) And Luke of course who is just an amazing person, so sweet and caring and well just an all round amazing lovely guy. Spending time with him has been like going home to someone I've known for years. Everything was so easy.

Spent my last day in Perth on Trigg beach with Dan having a picnic and pointing out his foibles in my usual crass way. I have this gift of being able to see though people, and kind of know them and know what they need to do to improve or be happier- but I can't do that with myself. Usually I find it's best not to meddle but when someone I care about needs to change in order to get the things they want out of life, why shouldnt I point out to them what is blocking them? Isnt that what friends do? Ok Im a as subtle as a sledgehammer and its no holds barred, but I know they are strong enough to take the observations and use them to help themselves out of a hole, I wouldnt tell them if they werent..

I've been trying to talk people into coming over to Bali and I'm hopeful Luke will make it as it's Anzac Day shortly which is an Aussie holiday. I miss Perth like crazy, it was so hard to leave...felt like home already! Had to get to the airport at 5am this morning in the pouring rain (thanks again Luke!) which was not good... and four hours flight away and one hour backwards on the clock and I'm in amazing sunshine. Have toured the vicinity by bicycle and deciding which trips I should do whilst here, but otherwise lazing around my room/the pool...feeling bit lonely...getting used to being by myself again and preparing for the trip back to Denmark.

Picture is from trip to the pinnacle desert last weekend.

1 comment:

Dan said...

mWell the record shows that I certainly do things 'My Way'. Of course this doesn't mean I am always right, so I do appreciate my foibles being pointed out. As for the subtle, I'll go with your judement, a sledgehammer is what was needed....
If im the male version of you then that must mean you are the female version of me aswell! Oh my god....
I wish you peace and happiness for the rest of your travels.
Ps I went to the beach again today...