Monday 27 October 2008

Shut up

This low tolereance of stress isnt really working out for me. I forgot how hard it was to get through nurse training keeping my mouth shut about bad practice and cruelty, but thats just what i have to do. Like my old tutor used to say- you cant do anything now, but when you train and manage a place like this then you can make a difference but you cant do that if you dont pass. And if you know me at all keeping my mouth shut is not something I find easy, especially where there is unfairness. Im the type of person that stands up to the bully on behalf of bullied. Standing by and watching people treated this way cuts me deep. I feel their pain, their suffering, and I dont know if I have the strength or support to deal with that right now. I have to suck up to the bullies in order to pass this placement, and it goes against all my principles but im going to have to suck it up and be pleasant... thats one think I suck at, when something is wrong I say it is.. gotta get thru this week and shut up.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Angel, I fully understand where you are coming from on this one, no one should just sit back and let it happen without saying how they feel, you have a rite to say it, but try not to say it till after you have the paperwork passing you first. Very difficult I know, but if you want to make that difference then you have to be on the rite side of the job before anyone will take any notice of your opinions otherwise if you don't pass then you will just be ignored like everyone else does.

You only have this week to go then you can tell them afterwards, I know it doesn't help the patients at the moment and to be honest I don't think one persons voice will make a difference later, but at least you can try once you are finished. I just hope someone does listen & act upon what your opinions are.

Chin up, back straight, & prove to them that you can get through this.

Steve.

PS. And remember, that if all else fails, then at least you can say you tried.