Saturday 22 March 2008

Leaving on a jet plane...

So all packed up.. excess things removed from baggage and ready to go. Currently in a wifi cafe waiting for my friends to be home.. going to their apartment at 5pm so will be closer to the airport ready for my 3am start...!

Totally excited and cant wait to get to Australia now. Have enjoyed the Philippines though, the people are friendly, I will say that for them!

This is the part of my travel that I didnt think I would get to do, and I really cat afford it, but it helps to have friends, because staying with Luke will keep my costs down a lot and enhance my experience!

All my friends that have been to Australia tend to emigrate out there..wonder if I will want to do that...

Seriously in need of a job as soon as I get back.. have been sending out applications everywhere so hoping something comes back!! But I think I will be rather in debt! Having problems with Internet Explorer so cant even access my online banking as it doesnt work with firefox.. so Im pretty fucked...

Still travelling has given me so much, meeting so many people, seeing where in the world I fit, and learning so much about myself and the world.

Perhaps I dont need those roots after all. Thinking of going back into charity work and working with people in poorer countries with doctors without borders or VSO or something.

I wonder what I will be and where I will be this time next year....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll be by my side in our new house and breastfeeding our first child - simply enjoying life and what it brings.... ;-)

MN