Friday 28 March 2008

Place in the world

Just a few thoughts. Australian men know how to treat women. They are courteous, polite, kind,sensitive and caring. But they aren't all that bright. Perhaps its what comes of being so laid back, that they aren't as sharp as their Danish counterparts. I mean life here is at a very slow pace, Like everyone is on holiday all the time. Danes English is better on the whole than Australians with so many mistakes being made in the language here. You're and your, too and to etc etc. But I guess thats the same as in UK, Native speakers tend to get a bit lazy with their own langauge. But who needs masterminds anyway. I'd rather be treated like a princess, and they do that very well! Danes are a little awkward when treating a woman like a princess I have found, and they tend to think of themselves first and as an afterthought the lady. Interesting observations though, and yes I realise Im totally generalising but I assumed you realise this is as always all about my experience. Do you think men can be bright AND caring..? In my experience it seems to be one or the other...

I wish I was Aussie though and could just melt the part of my brain away that thinks and worries all the time. I am in fact stressed right now as there have been a few problems with the tenant in my apartment. hard to deal with when so far away but thankfully Piet is helping. Wish Id sold the place before travelling, so much less hassle!

So tonight.. maybe some wii, maybe some drinks before my big Aussie night out tomorrow... bit scared now... :)
Wondering if I should stay here now or come home still...Where oh where is my place in the world...?


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You seem to hang around with a lot of not-so-intelligent men because they like you.

Anonymous said...

Yes we can be both. I know you have met atleast one ;-)